Karva Chauth is a very famous and holy occasion celebrated for the long life, wealth, and happiness of the husbands. This auspicious festival is celebrated in the Kartik month according to the Hindu calendar. The married women observe the fast in which they do not take any or water until the appearance of the moon in the sky and completion of the Karwa Chauth Puja. It is known as a nirjalavrat. The women pray for their husbands’ safety along with the longevity through this fast.
Karva Chauth symbolizes love and sacred bond between the husband and wife. Therefore, you can take the opportunity of karwachauth gifts delivery in Jodhpur to select some beautiful gift for your love. This occasion is full with various meaningful and holy rituals and Sargi is one of them. Women belong to Northern India, particularly Uttar Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, Punjab, and Haryana States, observe the Karva Chauth fast for praying their husbands’ longevity. In this particular day, women wake up in the early morning especially before the sunrise, which is around 4-5 am. After that, they take sweets and savouries for spending the long day without taking anything (water or food).
As per the rituals, the respective mother-in-law gives a thali to the daughter-in-law and blesses her for the fast. The Sargi includes mithai, dry fruits, matthri, coconut along with other gifts, such as Sarees, jewellery along with others. Sargi is usually featured with a range of delightful foods. It is included with the following:
- Fresh Fruits: Generally, fibrous and juicy fruits are added for staying hydrated and full for a longer time.
- Mithai: The holy day of Karwa Chauth fast should begin with some sweetness. Therefore, the mother-in-law prepares pheni, rice kheer, or halwa for providing her daughter-in-law the perfect start of the day. Sweetness implies a positive note.
- Dry Fruits: Dry fruits are one of the healthy and rich nutrients added food items. A handful dry fruits can help the women passing the day smoothly. In such platter, the dry fruits like cashew nuts, almonds, and kishmishare added.
- Cooked Food: Light foods can be prepared that might include chapatti along with cooked vegetables and This helps her to move on throughout the day.
Essential Points While Preparing Sargi
- Lots of foods should be added to the Sargi because the fast observer should get energetic and hydrated all day long.
- Fried and oily foods should not be added in the Sargi during the morning because these foods might make one dizzy and lethargic throughout that day.
- Sufficient amount of fluid should be added in the Some nutritious fluids include milk, fresh juices, green tea, butter milk so that they can stay hydrated all over the day. Avoid tea or coffee, as they can dehydrate one’s body soon.
Husbands should actively participate in this auspicious celebration. Gifts are an essential part of this occasion and for that, you can take help from karvachauth gift for wife in Jodhpur. Make her feel special with your creative gift.