As the stages of pregnancy progress mothers tend to face additional health problems. Heartburn and blood pressure problems become a recurrent problem at this stage with the baby growing at a normal pace and the size of the womb increasing to continue accommodating it. Both blood pressure and heartburn can be cured and controlled through proper medication and precaution.
Symptoms of heartburn and high or low blood pressure
Heartburn is caused when the acid from stomach goes up to the oesophagus causing a burning sensation in the oesophagus. The major symptoms include:
- Feeling a burning sensation near the heart where oesophagus is placed.
- Belching or burping causing an uncomfortable feeling.
- Nausea or vomiting after feeling the food coming up from the stomach.
These prove that the pregnant woman is suffering from heartburn and should immediately consult a doctor for getting expert advice and medication. After getting heartburn medicine pregnancy everything goes perfectly normal with proper digestion for the mother.
High blood pressure is increased when pressure on the walls of the artery and that occurs due to various factors during pregnancy. It has symptoms like:
- The occurrence of paleness in the face with a headache.
- Feeling dizzy and nauseous.
These factors are not enough to prove the condition of hypertension and therefore the best way to keep note of blood pressure is through checking it from time to time. The mother can also suffer from low blood pressure as they often become anaemic. Both problems are important issues of pregnancy which requires consultation.
Remedial measures of heartburn and blood pressure fluctuation
The effects of heartburn cause distress in mother’s digestion. Therefore, proper medication needs to be administered so that this health issue can be relieved. There are some precautions that mothers need to keep in mind.
- Eating smaller but at regular intervals is necessary.
- Acidic food must be avoided, which includes fast food and spicy food.
- Wait before getting off to sleep, so that digestion can occur easily.
These are some of the things that have to be kept in mind to prevent heartburn. Similarly, high or low blood pressure is caused due to various reasons including anaemia, obesity, and stress. There are treatments like blood pressure medicines while pregnant women are suffering from changes in pressure. But certain things need to be kept in mind apart from medicines.
- Increased exercises with time to time monitoring the health.
- Meditation to keep stress away from the picture.
- To stop smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Adding potassium-rich food and whole grains to the diet.
The remedial measures need to be kept in mind so that a proper condition of health is maintained during pregnancy.
The problem of blood pressure fluctuation may prove to be fatal for the baby and must be taken good care of. Heartburn is a condition concerned with the digestion of mother, which is important for nutrients that baby gets from the mother. So medications are equally necessary for both.